2021 • 11 • 12
Zambales, one of the most popular travel destinations near Manila, is now open again for leisure travelers. But of course, there are still restrictions and health and safety protocols in place. Travel requirements must also be submitted prior to travel.
Aside from following the health and safety protocols, tourists who plan to visit must sign up for a Zambales VISITA account and schedule their visit at least one day before their intended travel date. If you’re planning to go on a trip to Zambales, this post has the list of requirements you have to prepare and the steps you need to take to help you travel safely.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
- Residents from areas under Alert Level 1, 2, and 3
- Fully vaccinated individuals
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated non-high-risk individuals aged 18-65 years old
- Minors aged 3-17 accompanied by parent or guardian
- Residents from areas under MECQ, GCQ with heightened restrictions, Alert Level 4 and 5
- Children 2 years and below (as advised by the DOH)
- Zambales Visita Registration. To register, go to visita.zambales.gov.ph. Prepare your valid ID and a recent photo when you register.
- Confirmed accommodation booking. The hotel / resort / lodging establishment must be accredited locally or by the Department of Health (DOH).
- Negative COVID-19 Test Result. The type of test you would need depends on your vaccination status: Rapid Antigen Test for vaccinated travelers, RT-PCR test for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers. You will find more details on this below.
- Vaccination Card. For fully-vaccinated individuals.
- QR-coded Travelers Pass (QTP) from Zambales VISITA. You can get your QTP after you register and schedule your visit. You must secure your QTP prior to your visit.
1. Prepare the requirements based on your vaccination status.
- Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated individuals: Negative RT-PCR test result from a DOH accredited testing facility taken 48 hours prior to your travel date or Negative Saliva RT-PCR test result from Philippine Red Cross, 48 hours prior to your travel date.
- Fully vaccinated individuals: Negative Rapid Antigen Test result from a medical clinic or hospital taken 24 hours prior to your travel.
- Traveling with fully-vaccinated parents or guardians: Negative Rapid Antigen Test result from a medical clinic or hospital taken 24 hours prior to travel.
- Traveling with unvaccinated or partially vaccinated parents or guardians: Negative RT-PCR test result from a DOH accredited testing facility taken 48 hours prior to travel.
2. Create a Zambales VISITA account.
To register, go to the Zambales VISITA website at visita.zambales.gov.ph.
Zambales Visita is an online registration system for travelers going to Zambales created by the local government, supported by the Department of Tourism and Tourism Promotions Board. This is where individuals can schedule their visit and submit their travel requirements in advance so they could be provided with a QR-coded Tourist Pass that is required when they visit Zambales.
Here’s how you can create a ZAMBALES VISITA account:
- On the Zambales Visita website, click SCHEDULE A VISIT or LOG IN. Then, on the log in page, click on the CLICK HERE! button to start creating an account.
- Enter your email address. Then, type in your password. Re-type your password and click SIGN UP.
- Fill in the sign up form. Enter your first name, middle name, last name, birth date, place of birth, citizenship, and marital status. Then, click PROCEED. On the next page, enter your contact number and address, and click PROCEED.
- Upload a recent photo and a valid government ID for identification. For minors, their parent’s or guardian’s valid government ID may be used.
- Read the Data Privacy and Visitor’s consent. Then, click CONFIRM AND REGISTER if you agree to the terms.
- Check your email to verify your Zambales VISITA account. A verification link will be sent to the email address you used to register. Click on the link and log in your VISITA account to complete the verification process.
That’s it! You have successfully created your Zambales VISITA account. You can now schedule your visit.
3. Book at an accredited accommodation establishment.
As of writing, tourists are only allowed to stay at an accommodation establishment accredited locally or by DOH. You may check the list of ACCREDITED HOTELS IN ZAMBALES! ✅
4. Schedule a visit.
- Log in your VISITA account and click SCHEDULE A VISIT.
- Select SCHEDULE A NEW TRAVEL. If you have scheduled a visit before or saved a draft for your travel schedule, you may also choose to edit it on this page.
- Choose your reason for travel. If you’re a tourist, select LEISURE / RECREATION / VACATION.
- Select the municipality you will visit. Then, enter your accommodation details. Choose the hotel where you will stay in on the drop down list and upload a proof of booking.
- Confirm summary of travel details then, proceed to the health declaration form. You may also choose to save your travel request and continue with the process when it’s closer to your travel date.
- Accomplish the health declaration form. Make sure to answer truthfully.
- Choose your testing option. If you choose to have your test prior to travel, upload your Negative COVID-19 test result and receipt. Then, click PROCEED. Confirm the validity of your Negative COVID-19 Test by clicking CONFIRM & AGREE.
- Select your estimated time of arrival and click PROCEED.
- Review the summary of your health declaration form and click CONFIRM. Read the terms then, click PROCEED.
- Check your email. After accomplishing the Health Declaration Form, your application will be reviewed. You will receive a confirmation email regarding the status of your travel request. If your registration is successful with valid documents uploaded, you will receive another email with the link for your QTP.
- Download your QR-coded Tourist Pass (QTP). This QTP is unique to you and contains your name, photo, and dates of travel in Zambales. Print your QTP or save a copy on your mobile device.
Make sure to keep a copy of your QTP with you at all times during your stay in Zambales. You have to scan this upon arrival at the border checkpoints and establishments that you will visit.
5. Upon arrival, proceed to Triage.
At the triage, your health declaration form will be confirmed.
Don’t forget to bring a hard copy of your COVID-19 test results for verification.
6. Follow health and safety protocols.
- Wear a face mask at all times and face shield when in enclosed public spaces.
- Observe proper physical distancing.
- Wash your hands or sanitize using alcohol or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Are children / minors allowed to visit?
Yes, children aged 3 – 17 traveling with parents or guardian are allowed to visit, but must have a Negative COVID-19 test result. The type of test will depend on the vaccination status of the parent / guardian, as detailed above.
What modes of transport are allowed?
Private vehicles or tour transport from a travel agent are allowed.
Are day trips allowed?
For leisure day tours, only residents from Olongapo City and Pangasinan with Negative Rapid Antigen Test results are allowed. Day tours must not exceed 14 hours upon entry.
Can I stay in a relative’s or friend’s house?
No. Tourists must have pre-booked accommodation at an accommodation establishment accredited by the DOT or the local government.